Love our Planet
This is our beautiful planet and your health and we want to help both stay
at their very best.
We have a responsibility to current and future generations to use natural resources in a responsible way and avoid pollution. Caring for our planet is a crucial part of all Planet Health planning and decision making whether we’re considering new products in environmentally sensitive areas, or caring for the interests of the communities where our businesses are located. Here’s some of our key strategies……….
- Our sales teams use hand held electronic ordering devices to reduce the need for paper order forms.
- Planet Health boxes & cartons are made from 100% recycled material and are 100% recyclable.
- Our void filler is environmentally friendly “corn pack” which dissolves in water when no longer required
- We re-use supplier packaging and void fillers where possible
- Any bubble wrap we use is made from 20% recyclable material and is itself recyclable
- We’re a member of the National Packaging Covenant, an Australian government body created to make industry think carefully about the environment and their waste
- We regularly use video conferencing facilities to keep down the high carbon footprint of air travel
- We recycle office paper and print on the unused side.
- Most of our office paper and all our order forms are 100% recycled
- We use duplex printers to print on both sides of the paper as much as possible and our strategy is to purchase duplex-ready printers as printers are replaced
- Our computers and air conditioners are turned off at night and at weekends
- All lights in our offices have been replaced with energy efficient versions and are turned off when the office is not in use
- Power-saving features are in place on photocopiers, computers and screens
- We use recycling bins for all general office waste
- We set targets to reduce any waste we send to landfill sites
- Our Planet Health products are not tested on animals, contain no sodium laurel sulfate, parabens, petrochemicals, artificial colours or harsh preservatives.
The Australian Packaging Covenant (APC) is a voluntary initiative, by Government and Industry. It is designed to minimise the environmental impacts arising from the disposal of used packaging, conserve resources through better design and production processes and facilitate the re-use and recycling of used packaging materials.
As part of Planet Health's commmitment to sustainability, we recognise that a co-operative approach between industry and all spheres of government is essential to achieving national consistency in the lifecycle management of packaging and paper.
Planet Health is a signatory to the Australian Packaging Covenant (APC) as a Brand Owner and is committed to embedding responsible packaging stewardship across the business and establishing a practical approach to contributing to APC goals and the related KPI’s. In doing so we have developed an Action Plan to address the 3 goals of the Packaging Covenant’s Strategic Plan: Design, Recycling and Product Stewardship.
You can view our APC Action Plan here: Planet Health APC Annual Report 2015